Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Oh Vista, How I Hate Thee

I found myself typing frantically on my laptop (which was actually on my lap) and then leaning forward to type frantically on my desktop and had to stop to laugh. Oh Vista, how I hate thee.

Target has a pretty diverse selection of webcams and so I chose one that looked similar to my old one (not the cheapest and not the most expensive). I took it home and tried to set it up. Oh Vista, how I hate thee. So the camera went back and I selected a different kind. I took it home and tried to set it up. After numerous attempts, installations, deinstallations and online help tools...it turns out I wasn't the only one with the problem...I found that Vista actually has a list of cameras that are compatible. Mine weren't. Oh Vista, how I hate thee.

So there I was, attempting to install my camera on my old desktop while IMing my classmates on my laptop. The end was a happy one, as my laptop is the proud owner of a Vista compatible webcam and my desktop has its own brand new webcam from Target. However, I fear that my relationship with Vista will never quite recover.

1 comment:

Grant's Mom said...

Oh, how I feel your pain. I too have experienced the joys of Vista and the war against Vista. Well, we shall rise above this and succeed!!